Friday, April 18, 2008

Neighbours















I have just discovered that my neighbours are moving out, they need a bigger property for their kids. They are great. I can only think of two occasions in eight years, when I had to tell them to keep the noise down. I can remember when I moved in, M(my neighbour) would knock on my door as I came in from work, and offer me dinner. I was shocked, but touched. I can cook for myself, and those of you who know me, know that I am well fed. My fat ass says it all, but I guess M didn't think so.

She was concerned, as I was single and had been working. She did this for a week, until I told her it was not necessary. They are from the Middle East, and it is part of their culture. I have met their parents, cousins, extended family you name it. They have met my family and friends too. They helped me out, when ex stalker boyfriend tried to break my door down, very embarassing. M's husband would tell me to leave my rubbish out, so that he could take it out to the bins for me. He told me that he was like my brother, and that if I ever needed anything I should say so.

I felt safe knowing they were next door.

I am sad to see them go, and am worried that I may have to live with noisy neighbours again. I don't know how I will cope if this is the case. My home is my sanctuary.

Have a great weekend.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<< Home

This 
page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Copyright © 2006-2010 Nia dark and Lovely All rights reserved. I am an
  • Amazon associate
  • Items purchased after clicking a link on this site generate a small commission