Tuesday, May 01, 2007

James B Logwriter on blogging



James B Logwriter writes Memoirs of a whoremongerwhich is a series of photo essays that tells of his experiences as a man in his early 50s who finds himself single again and travels to the Dominican Republic many times, learning to speak Spanish, having sex with dozens of attractive young women, and meeting a formidable woman who became his 'novia' or girlfriend.

What is the first weblog you came across?

Don't remember.

Why did you start blogging?

I started blogging in 1997 when the Internet was new
and you got a free "Home Page" with a subscription. Of
course the word 'blog' did not exist, but it seemed an
intuitive thing to do, so I made my home page into a
kind of personal newspaper editorial page.

Which blogs do you read?

Riverbend blog.

The Policeman's blog.

Nia dark and lovely's blog and some other
blogs it links to.

What appeals to you about the blogs you read?

Information that you won't find in mainstream media.

Whose writing do you particularly admire?

Jane Austen, Charles Dickens,
George Orwell,
Paul Theroux, John Updike.

In your reading do you seek out different points
of view ?


Yes.

How do you choose items to link?

Sites that are well-written and offer original
content.

What is your policy on comments?

I love to get them. I will publish any as long as they
are honestly-felt opinion.

Do you ever receive abusive comments , how do you
handle it ?


Not really. I have deleted a handful of posts that
were spam or off topic.

Where do you find interesting links?

Mostly Google or Wikipedia.

Do you ever write to provoke a reaction, how do
you do that ?


All my writing is intended to provoke a reaction,
mostly in terms of prodding the reader to ask
him/herself if they should be doing what I am doing,
or not.

How much traffic do you get?

80-100 readers a day.

What is your rank on technorati?

No idea. Don't care. People who are interested in the
subject matter of my blog will easily find it by
entering a few key words in Google. I tend to title my
articles with likely search phrases. I am more
interested in providing information to the small
number of people for whom it might provide life
changing experience than in providing reading matter
for one-handed Web surfers.

Has your writing changed since you started
blogging?


No.

How many hours do you spend online a day?

0-24. When I am at home I have Internet radio running
all day. I never watch TV.

How much time do you spend on your site a day?

Not much. Most days no time at all. When I write
articles I write most of it in my head and then type
it out.

How many blogs do you read?

About 6.

How do you find new blogs?

If I am researching a new topic and Google takes me to
a blog, I may bookmark it if it looks interesting. If
a person comments on a blog I read, I may check back
to see if they have a blog.

How much reader email do you get?

Not a lot. Most of it comes from other bloggers.

What do you think makes a successful blog?

Original content.

What is your advice for a new blogger?

Don't really have any except that you should probably
try to stick to one core topic that interests a core
readership. People who are interested in what you have
to say about prostitution probably aren't interested
in your cooking recipes or your views on politics.

How has blogging changed your life?

Hasn't.

What blogs do you think deserve wider recognition
and why?


Blogs written by ordinary policemen, because they
represent a point of view that is never reported in
mainstream media.

What are your hobbies?

Sex, listening to music (mostly jazz), reading
(novels, history, biographies, travel), Web surfing,
swimming, cooking, speaking Spanish, blogging.

How has your blog changed over the years?

It has become harder to find original content, because
I have covered all the main areas that I originally
wanted to cover, and I think readers have a limited
tolerance for reading me writing about myself like
Erica Jong whose books Fear of Flying and Fear of
Fifty, written decades apart, are remarkably similar
and equally self absorbed.

Are you fairly accurate in predicting which of
your items will be widely linked?


No.

Do you have a background in writing?

I have been paid for feature articles I have written,
and I have worked professionally as a proof reader,
but I have never made a living out of writing.

When do you blog?

When I have something to say.

With regard to blogging what was your most
memorable moment?


Being threatened with a law suit for linking to a
prostitutes Web site!

Would you read your site?

I wish I could have found a Web site like mine three
years ago, but it did not exist. I hope that some
people who find it now will find it useful.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
"What are your hobbies?"

"Sex."


Damn ! I forgot to say that !..LOL @ James.

Jo x
 
Well, that is a coincidence, then.
 
James,

Thank you for taking part.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<< Home

This 
page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Copyright © 2006-2010 Nia dark and Lovely All rights reserved. I am an
  • Amazon associate
  • Items purchased after clicking a link on this site generate a small commission